Brief recommendations to avoid common mistakes:
Raster objects: CMYK, 300 dpi, the profile is disabled, there are no additional channels and paths.
Fonts: «Open Type» - (*.otf), «PostScript» - (*.pfb and *.pfm).
Do not type in the system fonts that are installed in the system during the installation process. And do not use the TrueType fonts - (* .ttf).
Bleed: (allowance for bleed) - 3mm.
- All objects located on the trimming edge must continue behind the cut for 3 mm.
- Those not exiting the cut should be removed from the trim edge at least 5 mm inwards.
Transparencies: any «effects», lenses, transparencies along with the objects located under them must be converted into a single tif. Try not to put, nor link PSD files into the publication. If you can not do without them (in spite of the fact that everything is completely solvable), do not leave fonts and vector objects under them under any circumstances.
- Text up to 24 pt - 0/0/0/K-100;
- Text (on white background) more than 36pt - 15/10/5/K-100;
- Dies - 55/44/40/100.
Black text over dies or photographs - 100% K.
Total density: Total Ink limit (65-130g/m2) - 300%.
Pantones: in the presence of additional colors, use the PANTONE®standard.
If there are none expected, convert to CMYK.
Profiles: do not include files (Don’t Include Profiles) in the publication.
Overprint: do not use Overprint attributes, unless it is specifically designed.
Stamps, embossing, UV varnish:
- Separate pdf file:
(Vector, color - 100% - one paint), completely corresponding to the size and location of the file for printing.
- It is also possible to place items in a "printed" pdf:
Color - 100% - one paint (Pantone, not used in printing for this product). Isolated object, vector, over printed image.
- All elements must correspond to the size and location of the finished product.